Proven Track Record & Strong Reputation
Awards & Achievements
When faced with a life-changing event that results in serious personal injury to yourself or a loved one, it is key that you seek out a lawyer that has not only a proven track record in dealing with claims of this nature, but a strong reputation. We often encourage individuals we meet with to meet with other lawyers to ensure they are confident in who they choose to retain to act on their behalf. In addition to feeling comfortable with your lawyer, you should ensure that your lawyer and firm have the credentials that validate their ability to successfully handle your claim.
The lawyers at Cuming & Gillespie are proud to have received recognition for their work in the area of serious personal injury law, through the following awards:
2015 Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year in Canada
2015 Best Lawyers in Canada Directory: Top listed in the areas of Personal Injury, Class Action and Medical Malpractice
2015 CorporateINTL Global Award Winner: Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year in Canada
2014 Top Choice Award: Top Injury Law Firm in Calgary
2014 LExpert Ranked: Leading Practitioners In Alberta in the area of Personal Injury
2014 Best Lawyers in Canada Directory: Top listed in the areas of Personal Injury, Class Action and Medical Malpractice
2014 Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year. ACQ boasts an independent nomination process, with the award winners being chosen by the industry itself.
2014 CorporateINTL Global Award Winner: Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year in Canada
James Cuming - Listed in Who’s Who in American Law – Lifetime Achievement
2014 James Cuming - Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association President’s Award
In addition, Cuming & Gillespie has achieved the following as a firm:
- Collectively recovered over $150 Million for injured clients during the period of time that Craig Gillespie and James Cuming have been Partners;
- Numerous Multi-Million Dollar Settlements on cases arising from motor vehicle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and medical malpractice claims;
- Trial Judgment exceeding $1.5 Million;
- Counsel in the first Class Action lawsuit in Alberta to have been certified under the Class Proceeding Act;
- Counsel in the first National Class Action to be successfully resolved in Alberta; and
- Being retained for their expertise to testify on cases involving the professional negligence of personal injury lawyers.