Jamie obtained a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Calgary in 1991 and his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Alberta in 1994. Jamie joined the firm in 1995 and has been a Managing Partner since 2000.
Jamie is co-Lead Counsel in the Alberta Government’s claim against manufacturers of tobacco for health care costs incurred by the Government of Alberta as a result of tobacco related disease.
Jamie has been continuously listed since 2009 in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Leading Practitioner in Alberta in the area of Personal Injury, and is consistently and repeatedly listed in the Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of personal injury and class actions. Both of these honours were voted on by fellow Canadian lawyers. Jamie is referenced on the Top Lawyers in Canada in the Personal Injury and Class Action sections and is listed in “Who’s Who in American Law”.
Jamie received the President’s award from the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association for distinguished contributions to the profession, community and advancement of the law.
Jamie has successfully resolved hundreds of cases both outside and within our Court process. Highlights of his resolved cases include involvement as Plaintiff’s counsel and co-counsel in Trials with awards in excess of $1.5 million dollars, certifying the first class action in Alberta, and successfully resolving the first national class action based in Alberta.
He has appeared before the Alberta court of Appeal, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, and Alberta Provincial Court, and has participated in over a hundred Judicial and private mediations.
Jamie speaks regularly at conferences and continuing legal education seminars on issues involved in personal injury litigation, insurance, maximizing damages and other topics. Jamie graduated from the University of Alberta Law School in 1994, was the first Associate in the Firm and has been a managing partner since 2000.
Jamie is a founding member of the Canadian Association of Trial Lawyers, Past President of the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, a Governor of the American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association), as well as being a member of the Canadian Bar Association, Calgary Bar Association and Law Society of Alberta, as well as serving 3 terms on the Alberta Auto Insurance Rate Board.
Jamie is dedicated to helping injured individuals and their families navigate the legal system. He understands how important it is for people to have skilled and compassionate legal counsel as they try to piece their lives back together after. Jamie is devoted to being a strong advocate and helping injured individuals receive fair compensation.
Jamie enjoys playing golf and spending time with his daughter, as well as following her golf.
- B.A. University of Calgary, 1991
- LL.B. University of Alberta, 1994
- Consistently ranked by Lexpert as a leading practitioner in Alberta in the area of Personal Injury
- Consistently ranked one of Best Lawyers in Canada
- President’s award from the Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President of the Alberta Trial Lawyers Association
- Governor of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the Advocates Society
- Founding Director of the CTLA
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta, admitted 1995
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Calgary Bar Association
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice of Trial Lawyers of America
- Founding director of the Canadian Association of Trial Lawyers Associations
Volunteer/Pro Bono/Community Involvement
- 2014 to present: Girls “A” Level Softball Coach, Calgary Adrenaline
- 2011 to date – Alberta Automobile Insurance Rate Board – Board Member, second term
- 2009 to date – American Association for Justice – Alberta Governor
- 2012-2013 – Girls Softball Coach, Calgary West Valley
- 2011 – Girls Soccer Coach, Bearspaw
- Timber Ridge Community Board Member
- Regional District of East Kootenay Water Board Member
- 2009 – Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, President
- 2003 to 2010 – Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (Various Executive roles)
- 2003 – Co-Author – Recommendations for Automobile Insurance Reform to Promote Affordable Automobile Insurance of Alberta
- 2002 to 2003 – Chairperson of Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association – Government/IBC Negotiation Committee
- 2001 to 2009 – American Association for Justice (Formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America) State Delegate
- 2001 – State Delegate – Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- 1997 – Founding Member and Director – Canadian Trial Lawyers Association
- 1991 to 1994 – Student Legal Services of Edmonton – Volunteer student and Director of pro-bono law organization