Leaders in Personal Injury Claims: Assisting Clients with their Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and falls happen all the time, especially in Alberta where we have drastic weather changes. Injuries stemming from a slip or a fall can be serious and can even have long-term implications. Legal action can be taken for slip and fall injuries and the negligent person who caused the slip and fall can be sued and held legally liable.
At Cuming & Gillespie we have the experience and the knowledge to determine the party liable for your slip and fall injuries and can help you take legal action. Our team of lawyers will ensure you obtain the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries and you can concentrate on recovery.
We are known for being the best at what we do. We have the experience and skills needed to get you the compensation you deserve after suffering from a serious injury. We have been recognized by our peers and others, and have won various awards, including:
- Best Lawyers in Canada Directory: Top listed in the areas of Personal Injury, Class Action and Medical Malpractice;
- Global Law Experts Winner;
- CorporateINTL Global Award Winner: Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year in Canada;
- Top Choice Award: Top Injury Law Firm in Calgary; and
- Personal Injury Plaintiff Law Firm of the Year – ACQ Law Awards.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
Adverse weather conditions are not the only cause of slips and falls. Slips and falls can occur anywhere, at any time. Causes include:
- Black ice or ice buildup on sidewalks, driveways, walkways, and stairs;
- Sidewalks, walkways, driveways, and stairs not being cleared of snow or debris;
- Stairways that are uneven, or are not up to building codes;
- Uneven sidewalks or walkways;
- Wet floors in grocery store produce aisles;
- Wet floors in restaurants or bars; and
- Freshly mopped floors in public places (like malls or movie theatres).
Most Common Types of Injuries Resulting from Slip and Falls
Most Common types of injuries that are resulted from slip and falls include:
- Ankle sprains and fractures;
- Hip and knee fractures;
- Neck and shoulder injuries; and
- Head, back and spinal cord injuries.
How to Deal with A Slip and Fall Injury
The first step when dealing with any injury is to seek medical attention right away. Regardless of how minor or serious you think your injury is, you should always visit a doctor as soon as possible. You may have internal injuries that are not obvious, and may require diagnostic tests. Or, some of your symptoms may not surface until a few days or weeks after the injury occurred. Successful personal injury claims require proof of an injury, so visiting your doctor and having the injuries and treatments recorded will be useful for any claim you may wish to make down the road.
Once you receive medical attention, your next step should be to contact a knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer to protect yourself and ensure that are taking all steps necessary to reserve your right to file a claim in the future. A lawyer will act on your behalf and take care of everything needed to move forward, including collecting all relevant documents and other information. This includes security camera footage the name of witnesses and contact information for them, what the weather conditions were like if the fall occurred outside, and if there were wet floor signs if the floor was obviously wet.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers in Calgary Who are Ready to Help Enforce Your Rights
At Cuming & Gillespie, we are dedicated, passionate, and experienced personal injury lawyers. Over the past 20 years, we have successfully resolved hundreds of cases, and recovered millions of dollars for our injured clients. Many of our cases involve slip and fall injuries, so we know what to do and how to best handle your claim. We work together as a team to build a strong case that will help you maximize your compensation for the injury you have suffered, and any related costs or losses you have sustained. Please call us at 403-571-0555 or contact us online to book an appointment today for a free consultation.