If you sustained injuries while driving a motor vehicle or as a pedestrian and the at-fault driver underinsured or uninsured, you can qualify for up to $200,000 in compensation for your injuries under Alberta’s Motor Vehicle Accident Claims program (MVAC). You must first bring a claim against the responsible driver and owner. The MVAC must be notified of a potential claim within 90 days of the accident; otherwise, your claim may be denied. As these claims can be complex and extremely time-sensitive, it is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the accident to preserve your right to sue.