Serious personal injuries are any type of injury that results in a long-term or permanent disability. This includes physical, emotional, and psychological injuries. Some of the most common types of serious personal injuries include:
- traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- loss of eyesight or hearing;
- permanent damage to, or loss of function of, an organ;
- partial or total paralysis;
- injuries resulting in disfigurement or permanent scarring;
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); and
- wrongful death.